Ah, the people of the internet just love to make things that much easier and efficient for our everyday life. However, for all of technology’s innovations, there are still some little nuances that you just CAN live without, right? Well, here are some easy little tech tips that you may not have known about that could make your life just that much better! These methods have been tried and tested and can guarantee satisfaction.
1. Tired of having to de-tangle your wires just to figure out which is which and what goes where? Try organising your wires by using binder clips! Clip on the edge of your desk table and slip the wire through the metal part. If the end of the wire slips through the metal, secure it in place by tying an elastic hair band or any sort of rubber band at the end to secure your wires in place.
2. Have to pack up your wires? Do you absolutely detest having a box full of cluttered wires and plugs? Avoid having to mix them up together by securing and organising them in old toilet rolls.
3. Caught without a charger and your iPhone’s battery is about to die? Try turning off the Bluetooth and previously used applications to conserve battery life. Also, try and reduce the brightness to its lowest setting. Only use your phone when absolutely necessary.
4. Want a new stand for your phone? Save money by using one of your old cassette tape cases instead!
5. Need to directly quote something from an article you’ve found online but don’t want the extra time it takes to reformat it? Ctrl + v may paste sentences and paragraphs into your document but CTRL + SHIFT + V pastes into your document… without the format!
6. Stuck in a plane for a few hours without in-flight entertainment? Try converting your smartphone into your own personal entertainment set-up. You can either put it in a ziplock bag and make a big enough hole in the side for your headphones. Use the lip that holds up the tray to tuck and hold up the ziplock bag. Caught without a ziplock bag? Try using your wallet as a makeshift stand for your phone!
7. Keyboard getting a little too dirty? Use the adhesive from a post-it note for an easy clean up!
8. Did you know that pressing the spacebar on your keyboard scrolls down a page? To scroll it back up, just press the shift key simultaneously with the spacebar!
9. You can remove some of Google’s more “embarrassing” suggestions when you hover over the option and press “SHIFT + DELETE” on your keyboard! For Mac users, press “SHIFT + FN + DELETE”.
10. Thinking of a better password for all your social media accounts? Try using letters with an accent (i.e. é, ñ) for a more secure password! Good luck to the poor person who tries to break into your accounts now!